Just bought a new Withings Body? Want to know how to make the most of it? You've come to the right place. Read on to learn about all of the exciting features of your new connected scale.
Once you’ve finished pairing the Body with your phone or tablet, you’re ready to start tracking your weight. The following tips will help you learn how to use your scale and understand all it has to offer.
1. Find a home for your scale. Your scale can live in the bedroom or the bathroom, really anywhere that’s convenient for you. Just be sure to pick a spot that helps you remember to actually use the scale.
2. Hop on the scale. Our Position Control™ technology will help you find the center for the most accurate reading. If your weight resembles that of another user, the screen will split showing both trigrams (the three letters you choose to identify each user). Lean to the side displaying your trigram to signal which user you are, and the data will register to your profile.
3. The scale will display weight, BMI, body composition (muscle and bone mass plus body fat and total water percentage), and a local weather report (if connected through a Wi-Fi network). It can also show your steps from the previous day if you’ve been using a Withings activity tracker or Health Mate’s built-in activity tracking feature and you activate this screen. To customize what appears on the scale screen go to “my devices” > select the Body > select “Screens customization.”
Note: Don’t worry if the weather screen doesn’t show up the first time you step on the scale with Wi-Fi enabled. Once your first round of data is sent to Health Mate, the scale’s location will be set, and the weather screen should display during your next weigh-in.
4. The results will be instantly and automatically updated on your Withings Health Mate account. Open the Health Mate app to analyze your trends and track your progress.
Interpret Your Results
When you open Health Mate after stepping on the scale, you will find several screens to help you interpret your results.
The screen below displays a snapshot of your complete body composition. Your weight, BMI, and body water percentage are displayed at the top. Below that, you’ll find a breakdown of your body composition, including both percentage and absolute weight of body fat, muscle, and bone.
This next screen displays trends over time of each body metric.
Become familiar with Health Mate
In addition to automatically recording your results from the Body, Health Mate lets you do the following:
- Set a weight goal
- Select a target date for your goal
- Break your goal into achievable weekly subgoals
- Get inspired with daily messages and insights
- Manage your daily calorie intake with the nutrition tracking feature
To learn more about how you can manage your daily calorie intake directly in Health Mate, check out our blog post.
So, have you taken the scale for a spin? Enjoying it? Any issues you
still need help with? Our customer service team is here for you.
Contact Withings support.