Are you the proud owner of a new Withings Body Cardio? Want to know how to make the most of it? You've come to the right place. Read on to learn about all of the exciting features of your new connected scale.
Once you’ve finished pairing the Body Cardio with your phone, you’re ready to start tracking your weight, body composition, and overall heart health. Watch Mike, our social and corporate support specialist, show you the main features, and then read on for tips will help you learn how to use the world’s most advanced scale and understand all it has to offer.
1. Find a home for your scale. Your scale can live in the bedroom or the bathroom, really anywhere that’s convenient for you. Just be sure to pick a spot that helps you remember to actually use the scale.
2. Hop on the scale. Our Position Control™ technology will help you find the center for the most accurate reading. If your weight resembles that of another user, the screen will split showing both trigrams (the three letters you choose to identify each user). Lean to the side displaying your trigram to signal which user you are, and the data will register to your profile.
3. The scale will display weight, body composition (body fat and total water percentage plus muscle and bone mass), heart rate, pulse wave velocity (more on that below!) and a local weather report (if connected through a Wi-Fi network). It can also show your steps from the previous day if you’ve been using a Withings activity tracker or Health Mate’s built-in activity tracking feature and you activate this screen.
Body Cardio begins measuring your pulse wave velocity starting at your first weigh-in. However, the scale will need to collect five successful measurements as a baseline before it can deliver your specific pulse wave velocity readings on the scale screen. Body Cardio will display how many baseline measurements have been collected during each preliminary weigh-in.
To customize what appears on the scale screen go to “my devices” > select Body Cardio > select “Screens customization.”
Note: Don’t worry if the weather screen doesn’t show up the first time you step on the scale with Wi-Fi enabled. Once your first round of data is sent to Health Mate, the scale’s location will be set, and the weather screen should display during your next weigh-in.
4. All data, including pulse wave velocity, will be instantly and automatically updated on your Withings Health Mate account. Open the Health Mate app to analyze your trends and track your progress.
Interpret Your Results
When you open Health Mate after stepping on the scale, you will find several screens to help you interpret your results.
The screen below displays a snapshot of your complete body composition. Your weight, BMI, and body water percentage are displayed at the top. Below that, you’ll find a breakdown of your body composition, including both percentage and absolute weight of body fat, muscle, and bone.
This next screen displays trends over time of each body metric.
In addition to viewing a breakdown of your body composition, you can view trends in your heart health metrics. The screen below displays the latest heart rate and pulse wave velocity measurements and recent trends.
You can also click on any heart health metric to see how it has evolved over a longer period of time.
Want to know more about your latest pulse wave velocity measurement? Simply click on it on the trend screen to get a detailed view and receive tips on improving your measurement.
Remember that you must successfully weigh in five times before Pulse Wave Velocity measurements will be displayed.
Understand Pulse Wave Velocity
Body Cardio is the first scale that can give an accurate assessment of your overall cardiovascular health. Thanks to all-new sensors, the scale measures the propagation speed of the pulse waves along the arteries – also known as Pulse Wave Velocity – which can indicate risks of hypertension or arterial stiffness.
The lower this measurement gets, the better your heart health. Increased activity and healthy eating habits can help anyone improve pulse wave velocity in a relatively short amount of time.
Note: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This device is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. Do not attempt self-diagnosis and always consult with a physician before starting any treatment.
Become familiar with Health Mate
In addition to automatically recording your results from the Body Cardio, Health Mate lets you do the following:
- Set a weight goal
- Select a target date for your goal
- Break your goal into achievable weekly subgoals
- Get inspired with daily messages and insights
- Manage your daily calorie intake with the nutrition tracking feature
Health Mate is also compatible with more than 100 partner apps such as Weight Watchers, Lose It!, RunKeeper, and Nike+.
To learn more about how you can manage your daily calorie intake directly in Health Mate, check out our blog post.
So, have you taken the scale for a spin? Enjoying it? Any issues you still need help with? Our customer service team is here for you.
Contact Withings support.